Brunswick Lowe Boats - Compliance Specialist in Lebanon, Missouri
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Responsible for the compliance of new and existing product to all applicable marine industry boat construction standards and internal best practices
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify safety critical and compliance issues and aid in their timely resolution
· Report and track safety critical and compliance issues to ensure the effectiveness of corrective actions and their continued conformity
· Review/audit new product models for accurate and complete adherence to compliance requirements
· Conduct and document a minimum of two model audits per week
· Ensure that all products are audited in a timely and efficient manner per the audit rates established for each boat/pontoon model
· Provide input of product audit findings to new model integration personnel
· Maintain direct and frequent interface with other Brunswick Boat Group manufacturing facilities to ensure consistency with the guidelines of the program
· Maintain information and stay current on all applicable global industry standards including, but not limited to, those established by the USCG, ABYC, EPA, CARB, ISO/CE, and Australia
· Regularly interface with the Manufacturing and Product Development & Engineering (PD&E) groups, and keep all parties up to date on changes to industry standards
· Chair quarterly meetings with foaming personnel to reinforce the importance of this activity
o Maintain an action log based on these meetings
· Perform and document a minimum of two foam audits per week
· Lead effort to spread compliance knowledge throughout Lebanon Operations
o Inspire a culture of compliance throughout the organization
o Encourage others within Lebanon to pursue ABYC/NMMA training/certifications
· Develop internal compliance training for the Quality and Operations teams that incorporates compliance data/issues from recent audits
· Build compliance books to document the compliance of all new product
· Maintain certification requirements for existing models
· Generate, review, and approve Engineering Change Notice’s (ECN) as required
· Support Manufacturing and Customer Service on the resolution of issues as needed
· Coordinate vendor approvals of compliance critical items for all new product
· Participate in water tests/trials as needed to perform compliance testing on new products
· Maintain ABYC Membership and participate in the Technical Committees as a manufacturer representative
· Develop a formal compliance training program that is based on actual audit findings
· Manage other activities in support of PD&E projects and goals
· Be willing travel to and attend ABYC/NMMA seminars/training
Support the business by attending boat shows/dealer events, as needed
Education and Training
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, or Quality) or related discipline preferred, or equivalent experience is required
· ABYC Standards Accreditation Course and NMMA Compliance Specialist Certification preferred
Experience and Skills
· Minimum of 5 years of experience at a boat production facility working with Marine Industry Regulations preferred
· Previous experience interfacing with outside vendors preferred
· Experience performing quality audits preferred
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
· Must interface well with other employees and departments throughout Brunswick Boat Group as well as outside vendors, dealers and retail customers
· Proven problem solving and decision making abilities
· Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, AS400 etc.)
· CAD Software experience preferred (NX/Unigraphics, SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, or similar)
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills
· Boating experience desired
· Must be willing to work extra hours required to assure timely completion of critical projects
· Must be willing to travel (minimum 10%)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, see, sit, and use arms, hands and fingers to key and maneuver a mouse on a PC system. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, balance, and use arms and hands to reach, pull, push, clasp and move a variety of materials. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the office work environment is low to moderate. Hearing protection is required when working in the prototype shop and on the production floor.
The employee will frequently be exposed to a manufacturing work environment that includes high noise level and exposure to chemical vapors, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, vibration and electricity. Eye and ear protection are required at all times in the manufacturing environment. Hard hats may be required in certain areas of the work environment. Particle masks, gloves, wrist braces, aprons, back support, ear protection, etc., are available for use.
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf for more information
Brunswick at http://www.brunswick.com/privacy.php and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) is home to the people behind life’s passions. Our company is made up of some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands in categories such as recreational boats, marine engines, fitness equipment, active recreation, and activated workplace products. While we are family to 14,000 employees around the world, three divisions in more than 30 countries create a local environment, with our global headquarters in the Chicago suburb of Mettawa, IL.