Brunswick Lowe Boats - Production Supervisor in Lebanon, Missouri
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Job Description: Operations Supervisor
Employment Type: Fulltime – Regular
Reports to: Director of Operations
Provide leadership and supervision to team leads, support staff and production employees in a manufacturing setting to ensure optimal value stream performance by utilizing manpower, facilities, equipment, materials and assets. Apply Lean Six Sigma methodology in operational management to achieve area goals. Identify improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions through listening, engaging employees and problem solving. Act as the company conduit for employee communications to keep employees abreast of news and information.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Apply LSS process improvement methodologies and tools to achieve business objectives
· Coach and mentor assigned Green and Yellow Belts within work area that drive positive financial impact to the business
· Identify issues, gather input from peers and employees, to seek solutions through problem solving.
· Drives safety, quality, productivity performance in visual management format to sustain morale and achieve positive results in production area. Works to continuously improve in all areas and provide regular reports to Operations Director.
· Monitor cost reductions, such as waste, scrap, damage and rework. Evaluate and monitor production flow to anticipate bottlenecks and disconnects that will affect output.
· Supervise the successful transition of new products and new technology into the production area.
· Ensure a positive approach to employee relations for all employees. Maintain effective lines of communication with employees, leads and peers. Build rapport and influence others in a positive manner.
· Administer all policies and procedures as established fairly and consistently.
· Lead by example; coach and mentor all assigned employees.
· Support safety initiatives; policies and procedures to ensure plant operations are safe and consistent with company and governmental standards and help reduce accidents and injuries.
· Other duties as assigned
· Associates degree in Manufacturing / Engineering Technology or related field.
· 5+ years of operational experience in multiple phases of Manufacturing, Quality or Engineering with experiences in leading cross functional teams.
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with demonstrated history
· Proficiency in Lean tools, techniques and applying in Operational Management.
· Proven ability to drive results through leadership influence.
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
· Must have excellent verbal, written, listening and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively among all levels of an organization.
· Demonstrated organizational and follow up skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to changing situations
· Computer proficiency various software, including (ie; Microsoft, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project). Simulation software experience is a plus.
· Marine industry experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high sound levels, welding processes, moving forklifts, elevated loads, and close quarters. The successful candidate will demonstrate a safety mindset to other employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
About the Company:
· Based in Lebanon, MO – Brunswick Lebanon Operations has been manufacturing high quality aluminum fishing boats and pontoons since 1972. Brunswick Lebanon Operations and the products produced are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing and pontoon boats in the market.
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
· Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (M inorities / F emales / D isabled / V eterans)
We are the people behind life’s passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf for more information
Brunswick at http://www.brunswick.com/privacy.php and Workday Privacy Policies
Brunswick Corporation (NYSE:BC) is home to the people behind life’s passions. Our company is made up of some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands in categories such as recreational boats, marine engines, fitness equipment, active recreation, and activated workplace products. While we are family to 14,000 employees around the world, three divisions in more than 30 countries create a local environment, with our global headquarters in the Chicago suburb of Mettawa, IL.